Clydesdale's news blog
This blog is designed to give our customers and supplier an insight into some of the more general things that occur within Clydesdale.
Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test for trailers and winches
What does this mean:
- Winches and drum trailers are classed as special purpose vehicles and have needed testing since October 2014
- All trailers must have a unique 17 digit trailer identification number registered with the vehicle inspectorate.
- All trailers need to pass an inspection that they meet all the road requirements
- All trailers over 750kg need to have a reverse light and 13 pin electrics
- It is an offence to sell any new equipment that doesn't meet these requirements